Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ching's Chinese Restaurant

This past Thursday (4/28), I decided to stop by Ching's and try their food. I had received a flyer in the mail earlier in the week stating there was a grand opening with coupons included. My favorite Chinese place for carry-out is Great Wall and Imperial Buffet is my favorite for buffet. Ching's is located in Normal in the strip mall area behind KFC on Main St.

I got there around 6:15pm and as soon as I opened the door there was this massive rush of fried food smell that hit me in the face. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's just been a long time since I've experienced that. I was pretty sure I would be smelling like Ching's hours after I left.

I ordered a small Chicken Fried Rice and the Sesame Chicken Combo. The combo came with pork fried rice, an eggroll, and one crab rangoon. I waited for about 10 minutes since there were 3 groups of people in front of me.By the time I got home with the food (15 minute drive), it was still hot which was great.

I thought the food tasted pretty good. The Sesame Chicken has a good flavor to it. The rice tasted good, but I like Great Wall's better. The eggroll was good. The crab rangoon wasn't bad, but it's nothing like the Thai House's crab rangoon.

The total was $10.30 which is about the same as Great Wall and some of the other Chinese places for the same order.

I would go back again if I was on that side of town.  One of the interesting menu items I saw while waiting was Chicken Wings with Butter Fries. Never heard of "butter fries." May have to try that sometime. I would also like to try their Lo Mein.

No comments:

Post a Comment