Monday, March 12, 2012

Big Ed's

On Saturday, Greedy Eater 2 and I went to Big Ed's BBQ restaurant in North Chicago, IL. North Chicago is about an hour north of the city of Chicago. I've been to Big Ed's before and had a good experience, but Greedy Eater 2 had never been.

As soon as we walked in the door, we could see and smell the smoke from the grill. It was an awesome smell. Greedy Eater 2 ordered the half slab of ribs which came with two sides. The sides ordered were cole slaw and macaroni & cheese. I ordered the 2 piece catfish meal which came with fries and a drink.

Greedy Eater 2 liked the ribs so much, that they needed a private moment to savor the taste. There was a good amount of meat on the bones, which is always a good thing.


When I've went to Big Ed's in the past, I've ordered their rib tips. So this time I wanted to try their catfish. The catfish was one of the best fried catfish I've ever had. I liked it better than my mom's fried catfish. It was nice and hot, and it had a really good seasoning. The fries were nice and hot, and were just the way that I like them.



By the time we left there, we were full. A good happy full. The food was worth the $20 we paid. I will keep going back to Big Ed's and I'm sure Greedy Eater 2 is a new fan.

If you're ever in the northern suburbs around Gurnee, IL, you won't be too far from Big Ed's.

No comments:

Post a Comment