Monday, March 28, 2011

Rosie's....Part 2

This past Saturday (1/26/11), I was joined by a guest to eat at Rosie's for lunch. The last time I went to Rosie's I gave a favorable review and wanted to try something different this time.

We arrived around 3:30 and were seated in the bar area since they were still serving lunch. The other side opened for dinner only. There wasn't a lot of people in the bar area at this time. The waitress we had was the same one who had served Greedy Eater 2 and I the last time. The service was prompt this time as it was the last time. I ordered the Bacon Wrapped Shrimp for an appetizer and the Pizza Caesar Grilled Flatbread for my meal. My guest ordered the Spinach and Duck Salad.

Note: My apologies for the not so great looking pictures. Besides natural light towards the front of the bar and some dimly lit lamps and candles, the camera on my phone didn't take the greatest pictures even with the flash on.


Greedy Eater Guest Review:
The spinach and duck salad looked great and tasted even better!  It is nice to know there is a place in town where you can get duck and it is not greasy or covered with more breading than meat.  The salad came with a bacon honey mustard dressing which nicely complimented the almonds and mandarin oranges.  At $8.95, the salad was priced reasonably and the atmosphere in the bar seating area is pleasant with the historic architecture still intact.


I also tried one of GE #1’s bacon wrapped shrimp—nice sized shrimp wrapped in bacon with a generous amount of barbeque sauce on it served over fresh greens.  The bacon was crisp, the shrimp tender.  I think anything wrapped in bacon is delicious!


Greedy Eater 1 Review:
I thought the bacon wrapped shrimp was good. The BBQ sauce was thick and tangy. The shrimp was cooked perfectly and was deveined, which was a good thing.


My pizza caesar grilled flatbread was really good. It consisted of tomato and melted mozzarella on top of garlic brushed flatbread. There was also a small caesar salad on the plate with the flatbread. The caesar salad wasn't bad. There were plenty of croutons. There was also a good amount of dressing on the salad.


My bill total came to $20.74 which included the appetizer ($9.95), my meal ($8.95), and tax. I left a $4.00 tip.

Overall it was another good meal from Rosie's. I think my guest reviewer would agree that Rosie's serves good food and is worth recommending.

No comments:

Post a Comment