Sunday, June 26, 2011

D'Arcy's Pint

D'Arcy's Pint is located in Springfield IL. I heard about this place on Man vs Food, so of course I wanted to go there. Greedy Eater 2 came along for this new food experience. D'Arcy's Pint is known for its horseshoes. I've never had a horseshoe before, but they sounded and looked good. A horseshoe consists of a Texas Toast base, with your choice of meat or vegetable to put on top, then fries are placed on top of that, and then covered with a white homemade cheese sauce.

We got there around 3:00 on Saturday. The hostess told us that it would be 15 minutes for a table, so we decided to sit at the bar instead. I ordered a half pint horseshoe with Italian Sausage and Greedy Eater 2 ordered a half pint horseshoe with Bacon. When I first ate some of the fries with the cheese sauce, I was taken aback. It was shamefully good. The fries were cooked perfectly and matched with the cheese sauce just made it taste really good. The texas toast and italian sausage just adds to the overall experience. Honestly, I would have been as happy with just the fries and cheese sauce. I was not able to finish all of my half pint, but it warmed up nicely for leftovers. We would definitely recommend trying a horseshoe at this restaurant. Apparently there is a place in Normal called Nate's Diner that may also serve horseshoes. Not sure if it would be worth trying. D'Arcy's would be difficult to top.

Italian Sausage:



Bacon:

No comments:

Post a Comment