Monday, July 4, 2011

Bacon Meatballs

This holiday weekend, Greedy Eater 2 and I have wanted to try this recipe I ran across from an Allbacon tweet that had a link to the following: http://www.evilshenanigans.com/2011/03/super-evil-bacon-meatballs/

I have to say, even though it was quite a process, the meatballs turned out AWESOME! My house smelled like bacon all day, which was fine with me. The recipe was tweaked a little. The recipe called for fennel, but we didn't have any so we just added chopped onions instead. The flavor of the meatballs was great. Combining bacon, ground beef, and ground pork to form a meatball is just deadly...in a good way.

If you love meat and meatballs, we would highly recommend this recipe. Here are some pics.

Before the skillet:


In the skillet:


After the skillet and before the oven:


After the oven:



Sandwich:


No comments:

Post a Comment