Saturday, July 23, 2011

Green Gables

For dinner today, Greedy Eater 2 and I went to Green Gables (Lake Bloomington). If you've been following the blog, you will remember that we have been on a quest to find the best non-chain cheeseburger in Central IL. Green Gables has achieved this spot, which isn't really a surprise to Central IL natives. Everyone that I have talked to prior to going to Green Gables has told me that they have the best cheeseburgers and even cheese balls. For Greedy Eater 2, it had been 20 years since she had eaten at Green Gables, and it was just like she remembered it 20 years ago. It was my first time eating at Green Gables, and I was looking forward to getting a good, greasy cheeseburger.
 
Greedy Eater 2 and I both ordered a bacon cheeseburger with everything on it and an order of cheese balls. You know a burger is good when you don't have to put ketchup or mustard on it. The juiciness of the patty took care of any need to put anything else on it. The cheeseburgers were hot and super greasy. The bacon was actually real bacon, which is the only way to go for any burger. I'm a fan of greasy cheeseburgers, so I was in heaven. The cheese balls were really good. They're just deep-fried balls of cheddar, and  we just popped them in our mouths like tic tacs.

I have tried cheeseburgers at many places, and I have my favorites for different locations, but I have to say that Green Gables is my favorite in Central IL. For me, Green Gables is tied with The Spot when it comes to the best cheeseburgers I've had so far in the Midwest.




No comments:

Post a Comment