Monday, July 18, 2011

The Spot

The Spot is an old-time favorite in Kenosha, WI. Back in the day, I went to high school in Kenosha, and The Spot was the number one place to get a good greasy burger. It's been a long time since I've ate at The Spot. This weekend, I thought it would be a good place to stop to grab something to eat since: 1) I wanted to see if they still served the same greasy burger I remember and 2) I wanted to get their Root Beer Float (oh so good).

The Spot isn't anything fancy. It's on the corner of 75th and 22nd St. It's like Sonic, but it isn't bright and colorful. You pull up into a spot that's open, the waitress comes and takes your order, and then brings it out to you when it's ready. You just sit there in your car and marvel at the masterpiece (i.e. a sloppy greasy cheeseburger) that is in front of you and the Root Beer Float you have to wash it down with.

The order consisted of a double cheeseburger with bacon, an order of breaded mushrooms and a root beer float. The patties on the burger was nice and flat. I could tell these were not the frozen patties you get at a McDonald's or even a place like Copper Top. Normally I'm not a fan of American cheese, but the cheese on the burger was awesome, but it should be expected since Wisconsin is known for producing good cheese. The bacon was thick and flavorful. It wasn't the thin pieces that you get on a Culver's bacon cheeseburger. I requested that everything be put on the burger, which consisted of ketchup, mustard, and onions. There was no lettuce, which I think gets in the way of a burger anyway. As you can tell from the pictures below, the badness in between the bun was thicker than the bun itself, which is a good thing. The breaded mushrooms were good. They were a good size so you could pop them in your mouth like tic tacs. The root beer float was just like I remember it. The root beer soda by itself was strong, which makes for good belching, but with the vanilla ice cream, it just creates a nice cold float. Overall, the meal didn't disappoint.

For me, The Spot has the best greasy cheeseburger in the Midwest. I've been told that Green Gables is the best, but I have not tried their burger yet (I will soon).

So if you're ever close to Kenosha, WI, check out The Spot. You will not be disappointed.






No comments:

Post a Comment